Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What a difference a day makes....

On my last post, I was extolling the virtues of working in public relations....now I am unemployed...the details are pretty standard...'corporate efficiencies' and 'elimination of your position'...but the outcome is the same...no longer doing the work I loved.

So, this is the beginning of a new journey...not sure if it is early retirement or a opportunity to start a new business...still examining options but the day after the announcement, I felt "FEARLESS and FREE".  I am not afraid and now I have many options that were not available before...
1. The sand is quickly running through the hourglass for my parents...so the time to take advantage of each grain is a blessing.
2. The opportunity to examine the important work I want to do....a. continue my research into what makes humans 'persistent'. and b. maybe starting a business...
3. Freedom to re-invest in old friendships and find new ones
4. Plan a party.
5. Investigate Cyberbullying
and 6.7.and 8 that I haven't even thought about yet....

Think I will use this space to talk about the early retirement journey...I think this is a very FREEING opportuntiy....can't wait to get started....a new beginning.



No comments: